Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
48 posts
64,447 visits

grant to pay for medical bills

lard100 started this conversation

I am a disabled man.  I am a bi-lateral amputee and my wife and I are unable to pay for medical bills incurred and my wifes insurance will not pay any more.

Click here to add your comment...
Perk Man
 in response to father of 2 kids...   Hello Morgan,
I hope this email is finding you well. There is a legitimate grant to pay off Hospital Bills, when you can't afford them...or at least a large percentage of the bill. My grandmother passed away from cancer; but during her hospital stay, she acquired 95 thousands dollars in bills. Well, the grant that my mother used to pay off 93 thousand dollars (left with only 2 thousand to pay) was called Hill Burton Grant. Read up on it via the Internet. The sad fact is that hospitals will not tell you about this grant, unless you ask about it. My mother was so distraught about the bills, that she simply asked a nurse was there anything they could do...and the nurse was honest and revealed this to her. What you don't know, can hurt you sometimes. Sincerely Keith
Talk to Perk Man
Bee's Knees
 in response to father of 2 kids...   Hi, Morgan
Here is an idea.
My parents had huge medical bills. They went to the hospital and filled out tons of paperwork and got them reduced very drastically, by proving they couldn't pay. The hospital paid them with grants or wrote them off as losses. I'm not exactly sure how they were able to do it, but there is a way. Of course, unless you investigate and dig, they won't offer.
If you think about it, there have to be lots of people who go through this each year and some way of the hospital handling it.
It is worth a shot, in my opinion.
I hope this will help you.
Talk to Bee's Knees
father of 2 kids
my name is morgan. i am 29 yrs old and am not able to pay my hospital bills. i was in a very severe auto accident on aug 28 of 2010 that left me unable to do many things. i was in bed for at least 6 months and could not work. i ended up losing my good friend in the accident. i also lost my job, my appartment and my relationship due to the accident and now i am stuck with all these bills and no way to pay for them. someone please help.
Talk to father of 2 kids
 in response to Bee's Knees...   I'll let you know as soon as I find out anything.
Talk to EBeth
Bee's Knees
 in response to EBeth...   I'll be waiting to hear back about what happens!
Talk to Bee's Knees
 in response to Bee's Knees...   Thanks! I will call & see what I can find out. Anything that will help!
Talk to EBeth
Bee's Knees
 in response to EBeth...   Wow, what a tough time for you! I have often wondered what it would be like to walk through breast cancer, mastectomies, and all that goes with it, since it seems to be so widespread these days. My heart goes out to you.
I'm not sure if this will help you, but my parents were able to get many of their medical expenses "written off" (not sure if this is the correct way of saying it) through the hospital, by filling out lots of paperwork and showing their income was insufficient to pay them.
You may want to call your hospital and ask if they have any way of doing this. They won't advertise it, but I believe many of them offer such options, if you talk to the right person.
What they did for my folks was reduce the cost to a very small fraction of the cost they were originally billed.
Please let me know if this works for you! I will send prayers up for you!
Talk to Bee's Knees
I had double mastectomies in August, 2011. I already have over $1300 in medical bills that my insurance won't pay. As of Jan. 1, 2012, I will have that much more + in unpaid medical bills. I live on a monthly pension, have rent, utilities, obligations to meet. Does anyone know where I might find help in paying these medical bills? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Talk to EBeth
Hello im an 18 year old male, just graduated high school june 2 of this year. I am enrolling in the US navy, and want to persue my dreams. I have a terrible problem, I need to go to EMT for salivary gland lump. I am scared it could be cancer, but have no way of getting it checked out due to financial situations. This is really scaring me, and im not sure if i'll be able to ensure my dreams coming true of joining the US navy because of this problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated, because this will take all my stress away and make me feel alot better. This is the only thing i've been thinking about day and night for the past three months. Please, any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Talk to mattmirr
I have Doctor bill need help paying went hosptial for chest pains was heart attack then got doctor bill...
Talk to tigger40
I am a federal worker x23 years. I have a back disability that causes great pain all day long. I need a Discogram but Aetna and OWCP will not pay for it. It is over $10,000.00. I do not have that kind of money. Any suggestions.
Talk to Jackson54
 in response to Military Soldier...   Have you contacted Tricare to ask them?
You could also go to sick call & talk with the doctor on base about it as well (if you are active duty).
When I was in the military & had a question about something I called Tricare or went to sick call on base.

Best wishes
Talk to Anonymous40784
Military Soldier
I have really bad keloid scarring on both sides off my face that prevents me from shaving and im in the military but not sure if they will cover the cost for surgery because I have tricare prime.
Talk to Military Soldier
 in response to momshealth...   This is Schmidty. If you visit my homepage.I think you'll find the information on where to get the help you need.If yo need help let me know. Good Luck and God Bless.
Talk to Schmidty
 in response to Starshine...   Starshine, I need a medical procedure $400.00 paid directly to the doctor. I am unemployed and need a LEEP procedure from an abnormal pap showing abnormal cells. I am scared, I have children and cannot afford this right now. My income goes to bills and food. Please help. I will forever be grateful for your kindness. My email is I wish you happiness.
Talk to momshealth
I am an unemployed female who needs a leep procedure diagnosed September 2010, am scared. Is there someone out there that would be so kind to pay for this procedure $400.00 to get rid of my abnormal cells. Please help.
Talk to momshealth
 in response to Starshine...   I am in Seattle WA.
Talk to dbscandidate
Is this site active?
Talk to dbscandidate
I am a single mother of 2 living in Kansas. I'm trying to get a $13,000 medical bill paid. I don't know who to turn to and I need help.
Talk to sparkette1289
 in response to ronskydivepops...   What do you need help with? Dental work? And what city and state are you in?
Talk to Starshine